in this blog, we take language seriously.we speak our minds and our lingo.if you speak our lingo,we will surely speak yours

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Values in LIfe

Semester 3 perfectly defines the word “tired” if you register for both Drama and History of the English Language at the same time. As much as I’m tired of going back and forth between LR22 and TR19-attending 3 hour classes 4 times a week, I’m really tired of complaining too. “Aaaaaaarrghhhh!!! Susahnye!!”, “Nak muntah!!!”...how many times have you heard these complaints from me? Countless! I really want to remain optimistic about my finals but honestly, I have no confidence in HEL. But I guess it leaves me with no other choices. Some people actually take it as religion...but I personally don’t think I’ll be able to do so as 10 chapters of history are to be covered in only 7 weeks. A pass is definitely better than a fail. Again, a “pass”, not an “A” or “B” but a “pass”. What does the future holds for me? I don’t know. I’m just hoping for the best. Ganbatte kudasai!!!

I went to HEL class the other day. In between Dr. Normala’s lecture, there were some pep talks. I remembered her saying, “The results are not important, but the journey is.” It’s much easier for me to accept those words now compared to 1-2 years ago. Things were too hard back then. I always wondered why certain things are “unfair”...Why can’t I? Why can they? No matter how hard I try, it just doesn’t seem to work. But as time passes by, I’ve started to realize that sometimes there are things that you just have to accept. No matter how hard you try to memorize the whole book, if you still can’t pass the paper, you just can’t. No doubt, people get upset with these situations. Then they’ll start to blame God as if He is being “unfair”. I once belonged to those “people”. Subhanallah...Thanks to everything that has happened, I realized that God is not “unfair”. He just wants me to learn. I guess that was what Dr. Normala meant. People tend to worry about the “results” in life. Here, I don’t only mean examination results; I mean “results” in general. They forget about the lessons that they have to learn because I think, by learning through these experiences; people will have a more positive and wider view of life and the entire world. Don’t worry too much about not getting a descent job with big pay cheques, worry about the life-learning lessons and values that you might miss out. Quoting Dr. Normala, “When planting a tree, worry about the soil and the fertilizer and not how big and how many fruit it will produce. If you focus on the foundation, its leaf and fruit will grow and blossom naturally.” Have quality values in life. Even if you are less fortunate than the rest, people would still respect you.

I’ll be away for a few days. I’ll be back (Aiba’s way of saying it! Hehe...). I’ll miss you girrrrllllzzzz!!! – h.e.a.r.n.o.i.s

2 comments:

x.k.u.a.s.e.k.n.a.h said...

gotta agree with u.we are too afraid of the result because it somehow effects our future and ppl around us.but we sometimes forget that the process plays an important role in shaping us.ne?

x.k.u.a.s.e.k.n.a.h said...

that's ture. there's just too many lessons that we sometimes neglect. it actually helps us a lot by learning from it.